Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to leave; to go out
exit
mail
demonstrate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Living abraod can be great?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does lost our momentum mean? | What does the letter's impact mean?
listening exercises
Living abraod can be great? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 am   Living abraod can be great?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #871 "Culture Shock (1)", question 2

Living ......... can a wonderful experience, but it can be difficult because you may have to adapt to a culture that is very different from your own.

(a) kitty-cornered
(b) crosswise
(c) abroad
(d) overboard

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #871 "Culture Shock (1)", answer 2

Living abroad can a wonderful experience, but it can be difficult because you may have to adapt to a culture that is very different from your own.

Correct answer: (c) abroad

Your answer was: correct

Hello,

What do the words "can" and "be" mean, especially when they are used together, in the test sentence? However, it seems that "be" is left out in the first part of the sentence.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

Living abraod can be great? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:48 am   Living abraod can be great?

I think the word "be" in missing from the sentence.
It should be "Living abroad can be a wonderful experience"
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Living abraod can be great? #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 14:52 pm   Living abraod can be great?

I'll fix it right away.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

What does lost our momentum mean? | What does the letter's impact mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does clear the most dromedaries mean?Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person?What does away with the fairies mean?Does to be at loggerheads mean to be at across purposes?Does at full tilt mean the best one can?Does to be at each other's throat mean to be too loud?What does stutter mean?Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy?So what are the main steps involved in (creating) a print- based advertisement?Why did he not burn his material?What is a good date movie?suspicious vs. suspectingTest incompl/inter-289, User's Answer 5