to cover; to hide
conserve
program
veil
ensure

Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy?

Does at full tilt mean the best one can? | What does clear the most dromedaries mean?
Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 15:19 pm   Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy?

Don't mess with Callie. She will chew you out at the drop of a ..........

(a) cap
(b) bucket
(c) dime
(d) phone

Don't mess with Callie. She will chew you out at the drop of a dime.

Correct answer: (c) dime

Don't mess with Callie. She will chew you out at the drop of a bucket.
_________________________

Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy,in no time,that's to say, in a very short period of time?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 23:39 pm   Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy?

It's supposed to be at the drop of a 'hat' which means to do something immediately; without delay. I'll fix that right away.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-159, Question 1Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 3Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 9Test incompl/elem-229, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-311, User's Answer 2Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person?What does away with the fairies mean?Does to be at loggerheads mean to be at across purposes?Does to be at each other's throat mean to be too loud?What does the letter's impact mean?What does stutter mean?