to hunt; to pursue; to run over; to race
gain
instrument
course
preface

Does to detest mean to hate?

she is going to be mad at you to the nth degree | the results were off the scale
Does to detest mean to hate? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 15:43 pm   Does to detest mean to hate?

He detested lawyers and thought that even the expensive ones were glorified ......... chasers.

(a) money
(b) profit
(c) ambulance
(d) fame

He detested lawyers and thought that even the expensive ones were glorified ambulance chasers.

Correct answer: (c) ambulance

He detested lawyers and thought that even the expensive ones were glorified money chasers.
_________________________

Does to detest mean to hate?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Does to detest mean to hate? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 17:06 pm   Does to detest mean to hate?

yes, hate or dislike intensely.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Does to detest mean to hate? #3 (permalink) Mon Mar 11, 2013 13:51 pm   Does to detest mean to hate?

What does ambulance chasers mean?
Ajay Nahta

Does to detest mean to hate? #4 (permalink) Mon Mar 11, 2013 14:40 pm   Does to detest mean to hate?

Have you googled the term, Ajay?

TOEIC short conversations: An employee invites colleague to lunch

Does to detest mean to hate? #5 (permalink) Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am   Does to detest mean to hate?

Thanks for directing to the dictionary. Here is what i found:

Ambulance Chaser
An Ambulance Chaser is a term for an unethical lawyer, especially those who represent plaintiffs in personal injury actions.
Ajay Nahta

metric measuring system called the Celsius unitMalnutrition is a big problem in developing countries.Meaning of "cover"?What does "dip into my savings" mean?and hoped that he had the available funds to cover the transactionsroom onto our house on the shelf until we have more money in our savings accounton the shelf vs. on holdHe had a drinking problem for a while and is now on the wagonon the wagonthrow off the scent/trackThe meaning and the usage of the word "mirage"honors vs motionsIdiom: Made a mistake