something created separately for the purpose of being added to or placed inside (a book, newspaper, etc.)
portfolio
insert
instructor
sink

Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person?

Does to be at each other's throat mean to be too loud? | What does away with the fairies mean?
Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:05 pm   Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person?

I think we have another babe in the ......... here, Jack. I don't know why they keep sending inexperienced employees our way.

(a) crib
(b) arms
(c) basket
(d) woods

I think we have another babe in the woods here, Jack. I don't know why they keep sending inexperienced employees our way.

Correct answer: (d) woods

I think we have another babe in the arms here, Jack. I don't know why they keep sending inexperienced employees our way.
_________________________

Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:18 pm   Is a baby in the woods an inexperienced person?

The expression: Babes in the wood refers, as you say, to innocent and inexperienced people. It is based on a traditional story about two children who are lost in the wood and eventually die.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 4Test incompl/elem-229, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-311, User's Answer 2What does clear the most dromedaries mean?Does to be at loggerheads mean to be at across purposes?Does at full tilt mean the best one can?What does the letter's impact mean?What does stutter mean?Does at the drop of the time mean in a jiffy?So what are the main steps involved in (creating) a print- based advertisement?What does lost our momentum mean?Living abraod can be great?