despite; in spite of
although
though
unless
whether

reduction of relative clauses

"good grammar" | elaborate/colorful behavior
reduction of relative clauses #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 am   reduction of relative clauses

is it possible to use any verb(e.g.like,see,hear etc.)while reducing adjective clauses .if not,I; need a list of verbs not to be used.
Sehergungor

reduction of relative clauses #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:26 pm   reduction of relative clauses

For example?...
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
which verbs to use in present participles #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 05, 2010 20:29 pm   which verbs to use in present participles

People (who were)fighting were taken out of the cinema by the police.
I know this is a correct reduction by using the present participle.what about these?
e.g.people liking holiday spend a lot of money on it. Here rises my question? is it possible to make such a reduction with the verbs 'like-see-hear etc.?ıf not,I need a complete list of verbs that can't be used as above.thanks in advance
Sehergungor

reduction of relative clauses #4 (permalink) Sun Sep 05, 2010 23:59 pm   reduction of relative clauses

Yes, I think that those generally work grammatically.
_________________

Put the following sentences in correct order to make a meaningful dialogueuse of vs the use ofThe numbers of or the number of?"a little bit too much" is this a correct grammar?what does 'supersizers' mean?Before or after?object to revealinginsulationDo these have the same implication?difference between Harvest of & Harvesting ofthe kind of question can be ignored?Yes, I do rememberlike/as