petition; instance of asking for something; something that is asked for; object of a petition
substitute
fizzle
request
concern

Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means?

to or through? | pronounced vs pronouncing
Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means? #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am   Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #5 "As happy as the day is long", question 7

We left the children playing in the park and they were as happy as the day is long.

(a) reasonably happy
(b) quite happy
(c) very happy
(d) always happy

ESL/EFL Test #5 "As happy as the day is long", answer 7

We left the children playing in the park and they were very happy.

Correct answer: (c) very happy
_________________________

Please tell me what "as happy as the day is long" means?
Hajo

Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 am   Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means?

It means "very happy", as indicated above :)
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/advan-864, Question 3shall be submitted vs. shall be submittingHow does one o'clock sound?Isn't a rip-off something too expensive for its real value?A fool at 40 is a fool forever?Test incompl/inter-80, User's Answer 9Test incompl/advan-16, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-315, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-159, Question 1Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 3Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 9