Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

moderately; quite; rather; to some extent
forward
rapidly
pretty
back
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does enthused mean?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Meaning of immediately | day loans
listening exercises
What does enthused mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:51 am   What does enthused mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #883 "The History of Coffee", question 1

According to coffee historians, its origin can be traced to an Arabian shepherd, Kaldi who found his goats jumping ......... around a dark green shrub covered with red cherries.

(a) enthusiastically
(b) enthused
(c) enthusing
(d) enthuses

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #883 "The History of Coffee", answer 1

According to coffee historians, its origin can be traced to an Arabian shepherd, Kaldi who found his goats jumping enthusiastically around a dark green shrub covered with red cherries.

Correct answer: (a) enthusiastically

WHAT MEANS ENTHUSED
Enthusy

What does enthused mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:21 am   What does enthused mean?

ENTHUSED.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does enthused mean? #3 (permalink) Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:22 am   What does enthused mean?

Hello teachers,

Should we put a comma after Kaldi to make the sentence like this: "According to coffee historians, its origin can be traced to an Arabian shepherd, Kaldi, who found his goats jumping enthusiastically around a dark green shrub covered with red cherries."

Is the bold an appositive?

Thank you.
Hoa

What does enthused mean? #4 (permalink) Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 am   What does enthused mean?

It's like to be 'excited' or 'keen'.

But I really wonder .. how come 'goats' to be enthused to jump? !! I'm trying to go figure.
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does enthused mean? #5 (permalink) Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am   What does enthused mean?

Hoadong wrote:
Hello teachers,

Should we put a comma after Kaldi to make the sentence like this: "According to coffee historians, its origin can be traced to an Arabian shepherd, Kaldi, who found his goats jumping enthusiastically around a dark green shrub covered with red cherries."

Thank you.
Hoa

Hi Hoa,

Well spotted. Yes.
Language Coach

What does enthused mean? #6 (permalink) Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:50 am   What does enthused mean?

Puppet wrote:
It's like to be 'excited' or 'keen'.

But I really wonder .. how come 'goats' to be enthused to jump? !! I'm trying to go figure.

They liked the taste of the coffee and the 'buzz' they got from eating the beans, Puppet.
Language Coach

What does enthused mean? #7 (permalink) Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 am   What does enthused mean?

Yes, that's sensible. The jumping happily was coming from the sense of Buzz.

Cleared! .. Thank you, Beee.
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does enthused mean? #8 (permalink) Tue Feb 15, 2011 13:20 pm   What does enthused mean?

Beeesneees wrote:
Hoadong wrote:
Hello teachers,

Thank you.
Hoa

Hi Hoa,

Well spotted. Yes.

Hello Beeesneees,

Thank you!

Meaning of immediately | day loans
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
man in the streetbond ratiogiven an awardTo Drinking and to Drinktalking with touristthis soup is betterYes, I dolining his pocketsmonks transported the coffee beansrun the gamutMaking vs GoingPresent perfect simple and continuous..job offer.