universe; empty area; gap; area; interval
construction
documentation
choice
space

What does once in a blue moon mean?

Why have to be stomuch those silly people | Difference between dispose and disperse
What does once in a blue moon mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 11, 2010 14:54 pm   What does once in a blue moon mean?

I don't like to drink alcohol often -- just every once in a ......... moon with my friends.

(a) full
(b) new
(c) half
(d) blue

I don't like to drink alcohol often -- just every once in a blue moon with my friends.

Correct answer: (d) blue

_________________________

Dear teachers,

Can you explain the meaning of blue moon?

Aiken
_________________
Man proposes; God disposes
Aiken

What does once in a blue moon mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 11, 2010 15:01 pm   What does once in a blue moon mean?

You can read more than you'll ever need to know about blue moons HERE.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?I don't give two hoots about who wins?Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?Find some form of entertainment?It would be cheap at twice the price?Farther explanationJohnny has a really big mouth?there are bound to be glitches in delivering tangible benefits?Does it'll all come out in the wash mean it isn't a big deal?'take photos' vs 'get photos'Slang meaning for "Taking a morning constitution"is saying "mad about it" an idiomatic saying?