Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

answer; response
plug
trade
senior
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Find some form of entertainment?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Farther explanation | It drives you mad doesn't it?
listening exercises
Find some form of entertainment? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 11, 2010 17:53 pm   Find some form of entertainment?

Please activate Javascript in your browser to listen to this audio recording

118 Listened
Download mp3 Click to listen

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #51 "Cinemas", question 4

The only reason for them going to the cinema on that day was to find some form of ..........

(a) internment
(b) involvement
(c) engrossment
(d) entertainment

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #51 "Cinemas", answer 4

The only reason for them going to the cinema on that day was to find some form of entertainment.

Correct answer: (d) entertainment

They wanted to go out somewhere and at last chose the cinema for entertainment. So the sentence:
The only reason for them going to the cinema on that day was to find some form of entertainment.

Find some form of entertainment? #2 (permalink) Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:23 am   Find some form of entertainment?

Did you have a question about this, Kati?

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
to Mister Micawber? #3 (permalink) Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:57 am   to Mister Micawber?

74 Listened

Hello,

You asked me whether I had questions about it. I am sorry but I don't understand what do you think of? Question about this sentence?
For exp: What was the only reason for them going to the cinema on that day?
Why did they choose this form of entertainment?
Do they choose an other form of entertainment on another day?

Dear Mister Micawber, did you think of this kind of questions or something else ?

Regards:
Kati

Find some form of entertainment? #4 (permalink) Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:01 am   Find some form of entertainment?

No, I wanted to know why you have started this thread. This thread is for teacher explanations, but I cannot understand what you want us to explain to you.

to Mister Micawber #5 (permalink) Sun Sep 12, 2010 23:13 pm   to Mister Micawber

82 Listened

Hello Mister Micawber,

It seems that you don't know that when I am filling in the test ,at certain sentence - all at once- it appears a blank and on it there is a question about what I would answer what I think about this exercesise. I have to say my opinion. I did this now. This was not the first time. If my answer is good it remains; but if it isn't good somebody /in most cases Alan/ corrects it.

Till now I thought these tests are made for the students. As I would like to learn English I'll try to be active.If I know something about the grammar or context of the text I describe. If I write stupidity I would be very greatful if you corrected it.

Otherwise I don't understand your problem.

Regards:
Kati Svaby

Farther explanation | It drives you mad doesn't it?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2help plzDoes to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?I don't give two hoots about who wins?Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?Does in coon's age mean for ages?What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?It would be cheap at twice the price?What does once in a blue moon mean?Johnny has a really big mouth?going to wear vs. going to wearing'take photos' vs 'get photos'Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?