not real; fanciful
legitimate
swift
imaginary
pushy

What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?

It would be cheap at twice the price? | Farther explanation
What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 11, 2010 19:15 pm   What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?

You have to think about your successes, not this one failure. You have done a lot for this company. You don't need to dine on ......... all the time.

(a) leftovers
(b) handouts
(c) ashes
(d) regrets

You have to think about your successes, not this one failure. You have done a lot for this company. You don't need to dine on ashes all the time.

Correct answer: (c) ashes

You have to think about your successes, not this one failure. You have done a lot for this company. You don't need to dine on handouts all the time.
_________________________

Hi!What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?
Oinas

Location: Finland

What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"? #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 11, 2010 19:53 pm   What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?

This means very poor/cheap food.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
help plzDoes to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?I don't give two hoots about who wins?Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?Does in coon's age mean for ages?Find some form of entertainment?What does once in a blue moon mean?Johnny has a really big mouth?there are bound to be glitches in delivering tangible benefits?going to wear vs. going to wearing'take photos' vs 'get photos'is saying "mad about it" an idiomatic saying?Expression: "crosses to bear"