guidance; supervision; conducting; management
abbreviation
forecast
survey
direction

Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?

I don't give two hoots about who wins? | Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?
Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper? #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 am   Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?

Do you realize that if that patent goes through, we will be the only company with a product that cures that type of cancer? We'll corner the .........!

(a) store
(b) medicine
(c) triangle
(d) market

Do you realize that if that patent goes through, we will be the only company with a product that cures that type of cancer? We'll corner the market!

Correct answer: (d) market

Do you realize that if that patent goes through, we will be the only company with a product that cures that type of cancer? We'll corner the medicine!
_________________________

Does to corner the market mean to benefit , prosper? Does it mean that tey will benefit from the product?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 13, 2010 16:01 pm   Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?

Corner the market: to buy all or most of a commodity/stock OR to have a patent so you control that market/product line etc.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 6Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 7Test incompl/inter-330, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 7help plzDoes in coon's age mean for ages?What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?Find some form of entertainment?It would be cheap at twice the price?What does once in a blue moon mean?Farther explanationgoing to wear vs. going to wearing