guidance; supervision; conducting; management
abbreviation
forecast
survey
direction

Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?

Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper? | Does in coon's age mean for ages?
Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way? #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am   Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?

"Your teenage life isn't that bad, Chris. You should just ......... your blessings that you don't have to work full-time like your grandpa," his grandmother said.

(a) thank
(b) keep
(c) say
(d) count

"Your teenage life isn't that bad, Chris. You should just count your blessings that you don't have to work full-time like your grandpa," his grandmother said.

Correct answer: (d) count

"Your teenage life isn't that bad, Chris. You should just say your blessings that you don't have to work full-time like your grandpa," his grandmother said.
_________________________

Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 13, 2010 16:14 pm   Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?

Yes, to count your blessings means to be thankful/grateful for what you have: your health, your family, your job, your friends etc.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 6Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 7Test incompl/inter-330, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 7Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 1help plzI don't give two hoots about who wins?What is the meaning of "dine on ashes"?Find some form of entertainment?It would be cheap at twice the price?What does once in a blue moon mean?Farther explanation