synopsis; general survey; introduction
image
gross
overview
control

help please

going to wear vs. going to wearing | Definiton of "Davey Jone's locker"?
help plz #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 am   help please

hello everyone

please i have some questions about a text so can anyone help me please

this is the text and the questions

Part one. Reading
a- Comprehension
Read the text carefully then do the activities
Do you want to study in High School or in College? These two options are very dissimilar, although in both you can learn a lot. These differences include homework, tests, and attendance policies.
The first difference is homework. In High School, most teachers will assign you to turn in your homework late if you give them an excuse such as "I forgot it at home" or "It is in my locker". In contrast, in College if you give your professor one of these excuses, they will say "Too bad" and you do not have another opportunity.
Another difference is the tests. There are also a lot of tests in High School; usually, there is a test every week or two. Although in College there are more tests, the work is not hard. Most of the time you will read aloud in class or go over every point of the homework so, there is no question of what you have to do.
The last difference is the attendance policies. In High School the teachers are always on you about attendance; that is, if you miss too many days, you can fail, so if you are not in class, they want to know why; in addition, they probably call your parents and let them know that you were not in class. On the contrary, in College the teachers do not care whether or not you are in class; it means that if you are not there, you are going to get a failing grade, so you have to be responsible to succeed. It is up to you.
To conclude, the main differences between High School and College are the assignments, exams, and absences. The High School’s teachers teach the students the responsibility by making them do their homework and by monitoring their attendance and College students are expected to have it. So, in my personal opinion, I prefer High School because I need more attention.

1- Circle the letter that corresponds to the right answer:
The text is:
a) Prescriptive b) argumentative c) narrative d) expository

2- Are the following statements true or false? Justify the false ones.
d) The writer needs more attention from the part of his teachers.

3- Answer the following questions according to the text:
c) What do students do most of the time in college?

b- Text Exploration:

1- Find in the text words closest in meaning to the following:
§3) coursework

2- Complete the following chart as shown in the example:
what's the verbe of responsibility

3- Join the following pairs using the appropriate connector : ( unless/ if)
a) You attend your school regularly. You’ll fail the year.

4- Fill in the gaps so that the passage makes sense.
The information age is invading our ………(1)…….. with technological tools, which sometimes prevents us ………(2)………. doing things we used to do. However, technology ………(3)…….. never replace the pleasure and the happiness I feel when I read a book. It is a hobby ……(4)……….. is worth preserving, isn’t it?
Karim

Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 6Test incompl/inter-331, User's Answer 7Test incompl/inter-330, User's Answer 10Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 7Does to cut one's losses mean to stop one's losses?Test incompl/inter-329, User's Answer 1Test incompl/inter-307, Question 8Test incompl/inter-306, Question 1Does to count one's blessings mean to be thankful for something in sort of a way?I don't give two hoots about who wins?Does to corner the market mean to benefit, prosper?Does in coon's age mean for ages?