Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

whole amount; entire quantity; essence; gist
commuter
sum
link
indulgence
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is a recliner?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Had to buy vs. could have bought | curb appeal
listening exercises
What is a recliner? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:20 am   What is a recliner?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #296 "Household Items (4)", question 9

A(n) ......... is an arm chair that can tilt backwards to allow for more of a comfortable seated position. It is designed for comfort and relaxation.

(a) recliner
(b) bench
(c) stool
(d) ottomon

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #296 "Household Items (4)", answer 9

A(n) recliner is an arm chair that can tilt backwards to allow for more of a comfortable seated position. It is designed for comfort and relaxation.

Correct answer: (a) recliner

explain the answer please

ocha
ochas

What is a recliner? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 am   What is a recliner?

Which part of the sentence do you not understand, ocha?

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What is a recliner? #3 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 pm   What is a recliner?

Excuse me, I have not found the word "ottomon" in my dictionary. I have found the word "ottoman" instead. Is that a typo in the test?
Helenka501
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What is a recliner? #4 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 17:53 pm   What is a recliner?

I think so.
Language Coach

Had to buy vs. could have bought | curb appeal
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
File up an application foron walk-ins and reach-ins???proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanksmeaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.now they vs. they noweveryday vs every dayWhat is ice hockey?How long does the title search take?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?looking up information"expand on" versus "spread out"'surprised at how many' instead of 'surprised how many'Please explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?"