whole amount; entire quantity; essence; gist
commuter
sum
link
indulgence

What is a recliner?

Had to buy vs. could have bought | curb appeal
What is a recliner? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:20 am   What is a recliner?

ESL/EFL Test #296 "Household Items (4)", question 9

A(n) ......... is an arm chair that can tilt backwards to allow for more of a comfortable seated position. It is designed for comfort and relaxation.

(a) recliner
(b) bench
(c) stool
(d) ottomon

ESL/EFL Test #296 "Household Items (4)", answer 9

A(n) recliner is an arm chair that can tilt backwards to allow for more of a comfortable seated position. It is designed for comfort and relaxation.

Correct answer: (a) recliner
_________________________

explain the answer please

ocha
ochas

What is a recliner? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 am   What is a recliner?

Which part of the sentence do you not understand, ocha?
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What is a recliner? #3 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 pm   What is a recliner?

Excuse me, I have not found the word "ottomon" in my dictionary. I have found the word "ottoman" instead. Is that a typo in the test?
Helenka501

Location: Ukraine

What is a recliner? #4 (permalink) Wed May 23, 2012 17:53 pm   What is a recliner?

I think so.
_________________

File up an application foron walk-ins and reach-ins???proof reading on Weather. Pls check. Thanksmeaning of The final fraction is ‘fines’ – nameless dust.now they vs. they noweveryday vs every dayWhat is ice hockey?How long does the title search take?What does the expression "find the way out" mean?looking up information"expand on" versus "spread out"'surprised at how many' instead of 'surprised how many'Please explain this phrase: "What makes you say that, madam?"