to transmit over the radio; to publicize; to advertise
interject
validate
fare
broadcast

What is the meaning of the sew?

preposition at/on/in in the example How I got that job | What is the difference between "whom" and "who"?
What is the meaning of the sew? #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:57 am   What is the meaning of the sew?

ESL/EFL Test #77 "American homophones", question 9

Christina loves to .........!

(a) so
(b) soul
(c) sew
(d) sow

ESL/EFL Test #77 "American homophones", answer 9

Christina loves to sew!

Correct answer: (c) sew

Christina loves to sow!
_________________________

what is the meaning of the sew?

Stevan
Stevan

What is the meaning of the sew? #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:27 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

.
Sew-- a needle pulling thread.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of the sew? #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 21:32 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

Well, I am wondering why we can't use "sow" here. Sow as an intrasitive verb means to scatter seed for growing. So, we can put in the word to complete the sentence: Christina loves to .........! as there is no object being used for the infinitive in the sentence. However, "sew" is also an intrasitive verb and seems to be appropriate here.

So, my conclusion is that we can use any of the two verbs. Well, I look forwad to seeking experts' opinion here. :)
Indiansoil

Location: New Delhi

What is the meaning of the sew? #4 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 22:39 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

'Sow' is wrong simply because it is such a silly answer.
_________________

What is the meaning of the sew? #5 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 23:22 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

So, I have come to know there is a silly answerer to my question! By the way, where did you learn English? The word "silly" doesn't define anything wrong. It defines that there is something to understand which you need to have some special type of brain.

The boottom line for you: If you don't know how to explain then don't try to at all.

Mister Micawber wrote:
Indiansoil

Location: New Delhi

What is the meaning of the sew? #6 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 23:52 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

OK, I take back the word 'silly' and replace it with 'purposeless, pointless, unprofitable'. The sentences, 'Christina loves to look/go/plough/fletch' are perfectly grammatical sentences too, but as they stand, they are not things that are reasonable communicated about what people love to do. A statement must be a profitable communication as well as a grammatically-correct structure-- you must look at the semantics, not just the syntax-- and this, judging from your command of the language, you must already know, Indiansoil: hence, my impatience with your first post. I don't think it takes a special kind of brain; it just takes a productive approach to language learning.
_________________

What is the meaning of the sew? #7 (permalink) Wed Jun 05, 2013 17:02 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

I don't understand why only

I think here there are two correct answers.
1. Christina loves to sew!

2./I try to write in the context./

I like gardening. I bought difference flower seeds. I love to sow. It is very good to see how from the little seeds grew up a beautiful flower.

If it isn't good I love to sow what I can write instead of it?

Regards.
_________________

What is the meaning of the sew? #8 (permalink) Wed Jun 05, 2013 17:03 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

I don't understand why only

1. Christina loves to sew!

2./I try to write in the context./

I like gardening. I bought difference flower seeds. I love to sow. It is very good to see how from the small seeds grew up a beautiful flower.

Regards.
_________________

What is the meaning of the sew? #9 (permalink) Wed Jun 05, 2013 17:04 pm   What is the meaning of the sew?

1. Christina loves to sew!

2./I try to write in the context./

I like gardening. I bought difference flower seeds. I love to sow. It is very good to see how from the small seeds grew up beautiful flowers.

If this sentence isn't good what I can write instead of it?

Regards.
_________________

Meaning of "their side for certain cervical levels"?When to use annouce in stead of said?When I get the wrong answer I want you show, and when I choose the right answerdifference between leave and departclosing vs. stopping a meetingUsage quit instead of leaveWhat does "likewise" mean?Meaning of "we mustn't leave it so long next time"Is "WAS" an intransitive verb here?Meaning of "let's shake on that"What does "be of a like mind" mean here?I don't know what time they'll be back this evening...Surely vs. safely