official institution; agency; power; control; jurisdiction
density
authority
flaw
advantage

like a deer in the headlights

deep pockets and short arms | His devil-may-care attitude
like a deer in the headlights #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 pm   like a deer in the headlights

I asked her to make a spreadsheet of our expenses, but she just looked at me like a deer in the .......... She listed Microsoft Excel on her resume, but I am not so sure she's familiar with it.

(a) forest
(b) zoo
(c) slaughter
(d) headlights

I asked her to make a spreadsheet of our expenses, but she just looked at me like a deer in the headlights. She listed Microsoft Excel on her resume, but I am not so sure she's familiar with it.

Correct answer: (d) headlights

I asked her to make a spreadsheet of our expenses, but she just looked at me like a deer in the slaughter. She listed Microsoft Excel on her resume, but I am not so sure she's familiar with it.
_________________________

Does to be a deer in the headlights means to be surprised in a sort of a way,shocked?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

question 2. #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 am   question 2.

a deer in the headlights we say when one is caught and needs to make a decision, but cannot react quickly because what it happened it took him by surprise.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Is my questions are correct?how much the buyers can afford to spend.closing a sale.listings-agreementsan upright piece of furnitureFarmers use tractorsDifferent strokes for different folksCorrect my paragraph pleasegrammarthe youngest child.Are you sure about that?in stockthe die is cast