productive; in operation; impressive; striking
effective
downtown
unforeseen
downward

The writer or author of verses is called a poet.

difference between setting, sketch and sonnet | Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10
The writer or author of verses is called a poet. #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 20:45 pm   The writer or author of verses is called a poet.

ESL/EFL Test #271 "Literary Terms (3)", question 2

The writer or author of verses is called a ..........

(a) playwright
(b) novelist
(c) poet

ESL/EFL Test #271 "Literary Terms (3)", answer 2

Correct answer: (c) poet
_________________________

Poet also is an international word comes from Latin only the spelling changes sometimes.
_________________

The writer or author of verses is called a poet. #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 21:01 pm   The writer or author of verses is called a poet.

Hi Kati,

Poetry is from the Latin 'poeta', but I have never known the spelling to change in English.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
The writer or author of verses is called a poet. #3 (permalink) Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am   The writer or author of verses is called a poet.

Dear BZ,

I thought now the word " poet " that is in Latin:poet /masc/; in French "poete" /on the first "e" is an " accent grave"/ in Italian:" il poeta"/m/ or " la poetesse"/f/;in Russian they have Russian words but the "poet" is in use also; in Hungarian we have a Hungarian word for it but also say: poéta.

Thanks very much:
Kati
_________________

The writer or author of verses is called a poet. #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 02, 2013 22:28 pm   The writer or author of verses is called a poet.

Correct answer: (c) poet

your sentence:
The writer or author of verses is called a playwright.

I am very sorry that I wrote in every time: POET

I do again my tests because in the progress report there wasn't registered.
_________________

Meaning of "guise"?Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperShe needs to mind her own beeswax...Smooth sailingMeaning of "It's the cat's meow"What is the meaning of butted head?What does household mean?Who is uncle?Taking books to the librarian's daughter?