Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to eat or drink; to use up; to destroy
consist
plug
consume
penalize
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Test incompl/advan-195, Question 2

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Coditional I question? | Simple past after 'last year'.
listening exercises
Test incompl/advan-195, Question 2 #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 22:11 pm   Test incompl/advan-195, Question 2

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #195 "A good real estate rental market", question 2

Boom times typically engender oversupply of product, but construction prices have skyrocketed due to natural disasters and rising commodity prices, which has ......... new building in all property types.

(a) ameliorated
(b) mollified
(c) tempered
(d) transformed

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #195 "A good real estate rental market", answer 2

Boom times typically engender oversupply of product, but construction prices have skyrocketed due to natural disasters and rising commodity prices, which has tempered new building in all property types.

Correct answer: (c) tempered

Could you please confirm if I understand this sentence correctly?
"In good time, it tend to oversupply the product (new buildings), but since construction price is high because of natural disaster and rising commodity price, it tempered (moderated) the new building in all types of property (business)" Is this right? Thanks.
English Learner

Test incompl/advan-195, Question 2 #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 21, 2010 22:59 pm   Test incompl/advan-195, Question 2

That's right.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Coditional I question? | Simple past after 'last year'.
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I am so hungry that I could eat a horse.an idea or concept is a symbolWhat does plot mean?Does every cloud has a silver linening mean that every evil has its good?Does to hear oneself bray mean to boast about something?Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more?Democrats in the US are usually more liberalZoning vs. seatsTest incompl/inter-270, Question 10Test incompl/inter-270, Question 7Test incompl/inter-270, Question 6Test incompl/inter-270, Question 4Test incompl/inter-271, Question 10