Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to hunt for; to look for; to investigate; to examine
erase
search
lease
branch
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Does every cloud has a silver linening mean that every evil has its good? | What does plot mean?
listening exercises
Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 22, 2010 15:52 pm   Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #343 "English Slang Idioms (64)", question 7

"Thanks for paying me the five bucks you owed me for dinner. We're even-......... now," Mark said to Kurt.

(a) steven
(b) handed
(c) out
(d) level

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #343 "English Slang Idioms (64)", answer 7

"Thanks for paying me the five bucks you owed me for dinner. We're even-steven now," Mark said to Kurt.

Correct answer: (a) steven

Your answer was: correct

Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 22, 2010 16:06 pm   Does even-steven mean that one doesn't owe anything more?

Yes, here's the definition: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/even-steven
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Does every cloud has a silver linening mean that every evil has its good? | What does plot mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
usage of ran in the sentenceThere aren't old jokes only old peopleTest incompl/inter-269, Question 9I am so hungry that I could eat a horse.an idea or concept is a symbolDoes to make for some nice eye candy meen very sweet?Test incompl/inter-344, User's Answer 4Does to hear oneself bray mean to boast about something?Democrats in the US are usually more liberalZoning vs. seatson sold/sold onTest incompl/advan-195, Question 2Test incompl/inter-270, Question 10