Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

rush; haste; urgency
hurry
possibility
compliment
call
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 10

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Test incompl/inter-344, User's Answer 4 | Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 3
listening exercises
Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 10 #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 22, 2010 17:41 pm   Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 10

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #345 "English Slang Idioms (66)", question 10

She wanted to improve high school education in America. Too many kids fell by the ......... and ended up without a diploma or a fair chance of success in society.

(a) roadside
(b) wayside
(c) poolside
(d) outside

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #345 "English Slang Idioms (66)", answer 10

She wanted to improve high school education in America. Too many kids fell by the wayside and ended up without a diploma or a fair chance of success in society.

Correct answer: (b) wayside

Your answer was: incorrect
She wanted to improve high school education in America. Too many kids fell by the poolside and ended up without a diploma or a fair chance of success in society.

Does to fall by the wayside mean to leave,abandon,give up on something?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 10 #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:28 am   Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 10

To fail to achieve along with others.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-344, User's Answer 4 | Test incompl/inter-345, User's Answer 3
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What is a lead foot?Test incompl/advan-518, Question 5Test incompl/advan-518, Question 6Test incompl/advan-294, Question 3Test errors/elem-6, Question 2usage of ran in the sentenceThere aren't old jokes only old peopleTest incompl/inter-269, Question 9I am so hungry that I could eat a horse.an idea or concept is a symbolWhat does plot mean?Does to make for some nice eye candy meen very sweet?When a writer makes something out to be more than it is, it's called...