Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person that you have met but do not know well; knowledge of something; familiarity
acquaintance
damage
straight
influx
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Error should be followed by an

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between say and tell | Usage of the passive voice
listening exercises
Error should be followed by an #1 (permalink) Mon Feb 06, 2006 23:15 pm   Error should be followed by an

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #72 "Synonyms for mistake and error", question 1

It is a ......... to argue with your friends.

(a) error
(b) fault
(c) mistake
(d) slip

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #72 "Synonyms for mistake and error", answer 1

It is a mistake to argue with your friends.

Correct answer: (c) mistake

error should be followed by an

Lutchi
Lutchi

Error vs. mistake #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:54 am   Error vs. mistake

Dear learner,
That's right, the article before "error" should be an. What is more, "error" is usually used in a more formal situation or for example, when you type a wrong letter in a word/ sentence/ text, etc.
Daniela
Language Coach
Daniela Encheva

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Error should be followed by an #3 (permalink) Sat Apr 19, 2008 14:01 pm   Error should be followed by an

But why isn't it B

Error should be followed by an #4 (permalink) Sat Apr 19, 2008 16:05 pm   Error should be followed by an

You can read the explanation of them from http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=391025 or http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic22581.html
Giang93
You can meet me at english-test.net

Error should be followed by an #5 (permalink) Sat Apr 19, 2008 16:07 pm   Error should be followed by an

and http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic8796.html also
Giang93
You can meet me at english-test.net

Error should be followed by an #6 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 am   Error should be followed by an

Hm.. actually I think "fault" is also an acceptable choice , which indicates another kind of emotional significance. Using mistake here means although the behavior is not proper , it is somewhat forgivable and we just need prevent it from happening in the future ; using "fault" imposes a severe tone that the behavior is even unforgivable and should be awkwardly scorned... I don't know if my statement is somewhat sensible ... Please advise me
Zc0000

Error should be followed by an #7 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 17:51 pm   Error should be followed by an

I disagree that 'fault' is acceptable here.

The only way it could be used would be if the greater context were something like:

"People have many faults. Some people argue with their friends. This is a fault within their personality."
Language Coach

Difference between say and tell | Usage of the passive voice
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
humankind vs human kind"I fell asleep" instead of "I feel asleep"Meaning of frostWhat is foxy lady?What is cushy?What is crackthat bottle?I am cofusing 'make' and 'makes'What does the meaning of drink out of it?Phrase: I want to have some fun this weekend.Option 'out' was changed to 'out of', on account of the preposition 'of' in...Wouldn't "what's GOTTEN into him." sound more natural?Would you explain for me why using HAVE in this sentence?Its rather be an used car, not a used!