Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

announcement; poster, sign; warning; attention; consideration
notice
awareness
portfolio
customer
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

they're back to the basics again

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
the ball and chain won't let me? what does this expression mean? | expression 'going balls to the wall'
listening exercises
they're back to the basics again #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 24, 2010 22:13 pm   they're back to the basics again

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #281 "English Slang Idioms (3)", question 5

Our whole class failed our last statistics exam and now we're back to the ......... again.

(a) basics
(b) future
(c) front
(d) manuals

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #281 "English Slang Idioms (3)", answer 5

Our whole class failed our last statistics exam and now we're back to the basics again.

Correct answer: (a) basics

As whole class failed their last statistic exam and now they're back to the basics again.
The basics in the school are: reading, writing, addition, substraction.

they're back to the basics again #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 16, 2012 13:12 pm   they're back to the basics again

Back to the basics =return to basic instruction; start the learning process over again.

-Class, you seem to have forgotten the simplest of facts, so it's back to basics for the first week of classes.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
the ball and chain won't let me? what does this expression mean? | expression 'going balls to the wall'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
sleep that can be interrupted at a moment's noticeWhat does impeachment mean?Mathematics isn't his strong suit.kicking him out?finger vs combCaught with his pants down? = caught redhanded?ages vs long timestand v.s. sellWhat does dully mean?'Will you please' vs. 'May you please'"get on with" vs. "come up with"Then when 'much of' is used?Object vs. subject