to bind; to fasten with a rope or cord
insist
tie
boost
release

She needs to mind her own beeswax...

Taking books to the librarian's daughter? | What is the meaning of butted head?
She needs to mind her own beeswax... #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 24, 2010 22:17 pm   She needs to mind her own beeswax...

Ethel is such an annoying, nosy neighbor. She always watches everything we do. She needs to mind her own ..........

(a) garden
(b) abode
(c) beeswax
(d) gig

Ethel is such an annoying, nosy neighbor. She always watches everything we do. She needs to mind her own beeswax.

Correct answer: (c) beeswax
_________________________

Ethel is such an annoying, noisy neighbor. She always watches everything we do. She needs to mind her on beeswax.
mind one's beeswax= to mind one's own business
_________________

She needs to mind her own beeswax... #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 16, 2012 13:16 pm   She needs to mind her own beeswax...

to mind her own beeswax.=to mind one's own business. (Juvenile.)
-You just mind your own beeswax! Lay off!
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
She needs to mind her own beeswax... #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 04, 2013 21:39 pm   She needs to mind her own beeswax...

Where did mind your own beeswax originate?

Answer:
It's simply a polite way of saying, "mind your own business".

The latter sounds ungracious and even rude, while substituting beeswax for business softens the comment.
---

There is an absurd story, much repeated on the internet, that 18th-century ladies used to fill in the pockmarks on their faces (this was when smallpox was a common and disfiguring disease)with beeswax, which would melt if the lady sat too near the fire. If someone else warned her about this, she would retort "mind your OWN beeswax!" This story is only mentioned to say that there isn't a shred of truth in it. Though beeswax was often (and still is) a component of cosmetics of all kinds, it was not used as a pockmark filler in this way. The beeswax saying is of 1920s origin, a garbling of "mind your own business." While it might seem harshly rude to say "mind your own business," changing the last word to "beeswax" softens the blow, and makes a jovial point of the same sentiment.
_________________

straight answer vs. right answerShe's as mad as a hatterMeaning of "guise"?Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10back to the bullpenThe writer or author of verses is called a poet.New kid on the block?Smooth sailingMeaning of "It's the cat's meow"What does the idiom 'no dice' mean?'dream of hers' vs 'dream of her'