Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

elastic material derived from of some tropical plants; eraser
stable
posting
housing
rubber
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 4

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Does to come on fast and furious mean that one was fast and furious? | Does to be fat cat mean to be one of important persons?
listening exercises
Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 4 #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 25, 2010 13:22 pm   Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 4

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #347 "English Slang Idioms (68)", question 4

"I don't see how she could be going out with Elmer. In my opinion, that is a fate worse than .........!" Maddie said to Louise.

(a) burglary
(b) unemployment
(c) death
(d) injury

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #347 "English Slang Idioms (68)", answer 4

"I don't see how she could be going out with Elmer. In my opinion, that is a fate worse than death!" Maddie said to Louise.

Correct answer: (c) death

Your answer was: incorrect
"I don't see how she could be going out with Elmer. In my opinion, that is a fate worse than unemployment!" Maddie said to Louise.

Does it mean that death is equal with going out with Elmer?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 4 #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 25, 2010 13:24 pm   Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 4

Going out with Elmer is worse than death.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Does to come on fast and furious mean that one was fast and furious? | Does to be fat cat mean to be one of important persons?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Test incompl/inter-282, Question 5What does 'to be the third wheel' mean?idiom: to fiddle while Rome burnsTest incompl/inter-348, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-348, User's Answer 4Idiom: 'to feel the pinch'What does to be fed up mean?Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 6Does fat chance mean that the odds are poor that it will happenDoes famoous last words mean that the best words ensue after the match has finishTest incompl/inter-346, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-346, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-346, User's Answer 3