additional; extra
opportune
dependent
supplementary
significant

What does to be fed up mean?

idiom: to fiddle while Rome burns | Idiom: 'to feel the pinch'
What does to be fed up mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 25, 2010 13:42 pm   What does to be fed up mean?

"If the landlord doesn't fix our plumbing soon, I am going to report him to the city. I am fed up to the ......... teeth with how long it takes him to fix things around here," Beth said to Mike.

(a) front
(b) buck
(c) sharp
(d) back

"If the landlord doesn't fix our plumbing soon, I am going to report him to the city. I am fed up to the back teeth with how long it takes him to fix things around here," Beth said to Mike.

Correct answer: (d) back

"If the landlord doesn't fix our plumbing soon, I am going to report him to the city. I am fed up to the buck teeth with how long it takes him to fix things around here," Beth said to Mike.
_________________________

Does to be fed up to the back teeth mean that all the limits crosses the red line of smb's patience so one becomes anger,furious?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

What does to be fed up mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 25, 2010 15:31 pm   What does to be fed up mean?

It simply means to be intensely annoyed or upset about something.

If it were possible for a human being to literally be fed up to the back teeth, it would mean that your food filled your stomach, oesophagus and throat right up to your mouth cavity.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-284, Question 2Test incompl/advan-607, User's Answer 5Test incompl/advan-578, Question 1Tag Questions-TOEICŪWhat does 'hold water' mean?Test incompl/inter-282, Question 5What does this idiom mean: luck of the drawWhat does 'to be the third wheel' mean?idiom: to have one's feed on the ground?Test incompl/inter-348, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-348, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 6Test incompl/inter-347, User's Answer 4