Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to prejudice; to influence opinions
complain
bias
embark
swap
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What are high-bandwidth connections?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Idiom: the big cheese | I have never flown in a balloon
listening exercises
What are high-bandwidth connections? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:30 am   What are high-bandwidth connections?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #621 "Real Life: The Internet and Websites (4)", question 2

When surfing the Internet, people usually prefer high-......... connections because these types of connections are very fast and are able to download and upload information easily and quickly.

(a) bandwidth
(b) handy
(c) run

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #621 "Real Life: The Internet and Websites (4)", answer 2

When surfing the Internet, people usually prefer high-bandwidth connections because these types of connections are very fast and are able to download and upload information easily and quickly.

Correct answer: (a) bandwidth

Сould you tell me what connections they are? Thanks a lot.
Ilshat
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What are high-bandwidth connections? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:04 am   What are high-bandwidth connections?

This question refers to the way your computer connects to the internet: Broadband, Dial-Up, ADSL etc.
Language Coach

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Idiom: the big cheese | I have never flown in a balloon
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?What does for the time being mean?What is the difference between display and exhibition?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What does apple cart mean?Test incompl/inter-285, Question 7Test incompl/inter-285, Question 3The law for fraud?principal tenets?Test incompl/advan-582, Question 1