after; in back of
considering
behind
save
during

I don't think it's going to fly...

That's the whole shebang? | If only I were a fly on the wall...
I don't think it's going to fly... #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:26 pm   I don't think it's going to fly...

I like the idea, but I don't think it's going to ......... because there isn't enough funding for the start-up fees.

(a) fly
(b) throw
(c) swim
(d) shoot

I like the idea, but I don't think it's going to fly because there isn't enough funding for the start-up fees.

Correct answer: (a) fly
_________________________

I like the idea, but I don't think it's going to fly...means this idea won't be successful.
MyIDS

I don't think it's going to fly... #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 0:30 am   I don't think it's going to fly...

Yes, this idiom refers to something that will not take place or not function properly.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Relative clauses, are these examples correct?Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?What is the difference between display and exhibition?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?What are high-bandwidth connections?What does apple cart mean?Test incompl/inter-285, Question 7Test incompl/inter-285, Question 3fruitWhat is the origin of the phrase 'pardon my French'?