meeting; seminar; convention
capitalization
conference
prejudice
quote

If only I were a fly on the wall...

I don't think it's going to fly... | Get out of my house and never darken my door again?
If only I were a fly on the wall... #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:31 pm   If only I were a fly on the wall...

I wish I could hear what they are saying in that meeting. If only I were a ......... on the wall for a little while!

(a) mark
(b) fly
(c) molding
(d) picture

I wish I could hear what they are saying in that meeting. If only I were a fly on the wall for a little while!

Correct answer: (b) fly
_________________________

If only I were a fly on the wall...means I would like to be a fly on the wall in a certain situation for to be there secretly to see and hear what happens there.
Wallys

If only I were a fly on the wall... #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 0:33 am   If only I were a fly on the wall...

Yes, you're correct.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
How is this baldness called?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?What is the difference between display and exhibition?That's the whole shebang?What are high-bandwidth connections?What does apple cart mean?Test incompl/inter-285, Question 7fruitWhat is the origin of the phrase 'pardon my French'?