Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to bind; to fasten with a rope or cord
insist
tie
boost
release
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites...

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
sticking my neck out | Meaning of "no dice" and "off the cuff"
listening exercises
fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites... #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 29, 2010 21:57 pm   fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites...

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #286 "English Slang Idioms (8)", question 4

"You have no case," the lawyer told her client. "I know you want to sue them because they have a lot of money, but you're chasing fool's ......... here."

(a) goals
(b) treasure
(c) markets
(d) gold

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #286 "English Slang Idioms (8)", answer 4

"You have no case," the lawyer told her client. "I know you want to sue them because they have a lot of money, but you're chasing fool's gold here."

Correct answer: (d) gold

fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites which looks little like gold but worthless.
Momlo

fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites... #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 0:28 am   fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites...

Yes, it is. As as an idiom, it refers to something that looks lucrative/attractive but really isn't.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites... #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 06, 2011 13:21 pm   fool's gold is the name of iron pyrites...

Somebody or something are similar to another object or a person. They look like their double.
Kati svaby

sticking my neck out | Meaning of "no dice" and "off the cuff"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
the Philippines.She needs wateras strong as its weakest link.a fool and his moneya day late and a dollar shortat a discountgrammarI got my mojo workin'Don't you think that's a bit much?one of his cock and bull stories...What is 'a lick and a promise'?Phrase: It might rain tomorrow.This test works are hard