nourishment; substance which provides the body with nutrients; sustenance
avail
food
demographics
weapon

What is the difference between display and exhibition?

Get out of my house and never darken my door again? | Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?
What is the difference between display and exhibition? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am   What is the difference between display and exhibition?

ESL/EFL Test #183 "Pablo Picasso: expressions describing the Picasso's life", question 9

When Picasso was 90 years old, he was honored by a(n) ......... at the Louvre in Paris.

(a) explanation
(b) display
(c) exhibition
(d) museum

ESL/EFL Test #183 "Pablo Picasso: expressions describing the Picasso's life", answer 9

When Picasso was 90 years old, he was honored by a(n) exhibition at the Louvre in Paris.

Correct answer: (c) exhibition

When Picasso was 90 years old, he was honored by a(n) display at the Louvre in Paris.
_________________________

Hi! What is the difference between display and exhibition? Thank you in advance.
Oinas

Location: Finland

What is the difference between display and exhibition? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 14:42 pm   What is the difference between display and exhibition?

Exhibitions are generally bigger, more formal, and more artistic.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What are high-bandwidth connections?What does apple cart mean?fruitWhat does in your face mean?