Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

nourishment; substance which provides the body with nutrients; sustenance
avail
food
demographics
weapon
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the difference between display and exhibition?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Get out of my house and never darken my door again? | Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?
listening exercises
What is the difference between display and exhibition? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am   What is the difference between display and exhibition?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #183 "Pablo Picasso: expressions describing the Picasso's life", question 9

When Picasso was 90 years old, he was honored by a(n) ......... at the Louvre in Paris.

(a) explanation
(b) display
(c) exhibition
(d) museum

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #183 "Pablo Picasso: expressions describing the Picasso's life", answer 9

When Picasso was 90 years old, he was honored by a(n) exhibition at the Louvre in Paris.

Correct answer: (c) exhibition

Your answer was: incorrect
When Picasso was 90 years old, he was honored by a(n) display at the Louvre in Paris.

Hi! What is the difference between display and exhibition? Thank you in advance.
Oinas
You can meet me at english-test.net

What is the difference between display and exhibition? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 14:42 pm   What is the difference between display and exhibition?

Exhibitions are generally bigger, more formal, and more artistic.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Get out of my house and never darken my door again? | Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What are high-bandwidth connections?What does apple cart mean?fruitWhat does in your face mean?