Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

particularly
severely
either
previously
especially
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does for the time being mean?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same? | Computers are for the birds?
listening exercises
What does for the time being mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 15:39 pm   What does for the time being mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #352 "English Slang Idioms (73)", question 3

"I am working with Mr. Smith for the time .......... I am going to get another job but the job I have is alright for now," Alex told Karl.

(a) spent
(b) clock
(c) being
(d) passing

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #352 "English Slang Idioms (73)", answer 3

"I am working with Mr. Smith for the time being. I am going to get another job but the job I have is alright for now," Alex told Karl.

Correct answer: (c) being

Your answer was: correct

Does it mean at the moment , for now for it implies a temporary action happening in the present which is not certain?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does for the time being mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 21:39 pm   What does for the time being mean?

Yes.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same? | Computers are for the birds?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?For Pete's sake?What is the difference between display and exhibition?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What are high-bandwidth connections?What does apple cart mean?fruitWhat does in your face mean?