Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

foods and other goods sold at a small supermarket or store
groceries
imperative
counsel
provision
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I have been a four-eyes?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Does four-square mean completely? | Slang expression for the boss - the chief man
listening exercises
I have been a four-eyes? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 15:46 pm   I have been a four-eyes?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #352 "English Slang Idioms (73)", question 9

"I have been a four-......... since I was in the third grade. The doctor told me I had to wear glasses a year before but I refused. As I got older, my vision got worse so I finally decided to wear them," Zack said to Lewis.

(a) eyes
(b) corners
(c) head
(d) barrel

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #352 "English Slang Idioms (73)", answer 9

"I have been a four-eyes since I was in the third grade. The doctor told me I had to wear glasses a year before but I refused. As I got older, my vision got worse so I finally decided to wear them," Zack said to Lewis.

Correct answer: (a) eyes

Your answer was: correct

Does to be a four-eyes mean to see things double?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

I have been a four-eyes? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 21:39 pm   I have been a four-eyes?

No, 'four eyes' means you wear glasses.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I have been a four-eyes? #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 20, 2010 15:46 pm   I have been a four-eyes?

Wow, Nice figurative speech.

I like it. Thank you for topic.
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

Does four-square mean completely? | Slang expression for the boss - the chief man
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
difference between little and a fewhard working familywhich tense should be used when referring to two past actionsjust got done pimping out his rideWho is Lord Mansfield?to feather one's own nest?Does it mean that he thinks if he were seen to drink with some of his employees?What does cash machine mean?left me some money in his will?What does this expression mean: 'to make a pitch'?Scream versus Cry'jump for' versus 'jump in' or 'jump on'Knock off vs. knock up?