Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

signature on a money order such as a check
address
endorsement
engine
extract
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Does four-square mean completely?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
A bunch of bananas | I have been a four-eyes?
listening exercises
Does four-square mean completely? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 15:50 pm   Does four-square mean completely?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #352 "English Slang Idioms (73)", question 10

"I think that you will do a great job as County Treasurer. You have my vote. I am .........-square behind you," her friend told her.

(a) three
(b) tee
(c) four
(d) frame

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #352 "English Slang Idioms (73)", answer 10

"I think that you will do a great job as County Treasurer. You have my vote. I am four-square behind you," her friend told her.

Correct answer: (c) four

Your answer was: incorrect
"I think that you will do a great job as County Treasurer. You have my vote. I am frame-square behind you," her friend told her.

Does four-square mean completely,with one's whole being?
Nenad11
I'm here quite often ;-)

Does four-square mean completely? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 21:41 pm   Does four-square mean completely?

It means to be determined or certain about something.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Does four-square mean completely? #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 20, 2010 15:42 pm   Does four-square mean completely?

Hi,

I've got mixed up. If you allow me to ask;

Does 'four-square' hold the meaning of ''i'm in all the way''? like she's her rock.

Or it means being ''positive'' that she will take the chair?
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

A bunch of bananas | I have been a four-eyes?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
hard working familygerund formswhich tense should be used when referring to two past actionsjust got done pimping out his rideWho is Lord Mansfield?to feather one's own nest?Does it mean that he thinks if he were seen to drink with some of his employees?What does cash machine mean?left me some money in his will?What does this expression mean: 'to make a pitch'?Scream versus Cry'jump for' versus 'jump in' or 'jump on'Knock off vs. knock up?