breadth; thickness
width
aircraft
driver
minute

Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?

What is the difference between display and exhibition? | What does for the time being mean?
Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 16:40 pm   Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?

"That guy just moves from pillar to ........., doesn't he? He is always losing a job, starting a job, moving away, moving back he needs to get it together," his dad said.

(a) arch
(b) roof
(c) floor
(d) post

"That guy just moves from pillar to post, doesn't he? He is always losing a job, starting a job, moving away, moving back he needs to get it together," his dad said.

Correct answer: (d) post

"That guy just moves from pillar to floor, doesn't he? He is always losing a job, starting a job, moving away, moving back he needs to get it together," his dad said.
_________________________

Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 30, 2010 21:32 pm   Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?

No, it means going from one place to another - and possibly back etc.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?That's the whole shebang?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What are high-bandwidth connections?What does apple cart mean?fruitWhat does in your face mean?