temporary stop; standstill; break or pause in a march or journey
letter
contract
entertainment
halt

What are the Marine Corps?

What does 'A little long in the tooth for all this' mean? | Happened vs. occurred?
What are the Marine Corps? #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 15:34 pm   What are the Marine Corps?

ESL/EFL Test #731 "Vocabulary Practice: War-related Terms (4)", question 1

The ......... Corps is composed of amphibious units that are often first on the battlefield and are directed by the United States Navy. They are one of the specialized branches of military service in America.

(a) Navy
(b) Squadron
(c) Tank
(d) Marine

ESL/EFL Test #731 "Vocabulary Practice: War-related Terms (4)", answer 1

The Marine Corps is composed of amphibious units that are often first on the battlefield and are directed by the United States Navy. They are one of the specialized branches of military service in America.

Correct answer: (d) Marine
_________________________

Will I be right if I choose the word squadron? Thank you in advance.
Ilshat

Location: Russia

What are the Marine Corps? #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 16:47 pm   What are the Marine Corps?

No, there's no such thing as Squadron Corps.
You can read on the United States Marine Corps here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-154, Question 7English Grammar Exercises::Advanced Tests::Naples, ItalyTest incompl/advan-743, Question 1Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Is how's tricks American English?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?fruitWhat does in your face mean?Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum'disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him