Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

temporary stop; standstill; break or pause in a march or journey
letter
contract
entertainment
halt
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What are the Marine Corps?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'A little long in the tooth for all this' mean? | Happened vs. occurred?
listening exercises
What are the Marine Corps? #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 15:34 pm   What are the Marine Corps?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #731 "Vocabulary Practice: War-related Terms (4)", question 1

The ......... Corps is composed of amphibious units that are often first on the battlefield and are directed by the United States Navy. They are one of the specialized branches of military service in America.

(a) Navy
(b) Squadron
(c) Tank
(d) Marine

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #731 "Vocabulary Practice: War-related Terms (4)", answer 1

The Marine Corps is composed of amphibious units that are often first on the battlefield and are directed by the United States Navy. They are one of the specialized branches of military service in America.

Correct answer: (d) Marine

Will I be right if I choose the word squadron? Thank you in advance.
Ilshat
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What are the Marine Corps? #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 16:47 pm   What are the Marine Corps?

No, there's no such thing as Squadron Corps.
You can read on the United States Marine Corps here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'A little long in the tooth for all this' mean? | Happened vs. occurred?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Test incompl/inter-154, Question 7English Grammar Exercises::Advanced Tests::Naples, ItalyTest incompl/advan-743, Question 1Could you tell me what crunch it is?How is this baldness called?Is how's tricks American English?Relative clauses, are these examples correct?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?fruitWhat does in your face mean?Usage of among: 'sensible comparison among the different vacuum'disappointed in him vs. disappointed with him