across from; facing
regarding
between
opposite
despite

Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

No, you've lost me | Meaning of "acting up"
Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #46 (permalink) Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 am   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

whoo...bite his hand off.... love it :D
Cleverbarbi

RESPONSES 2 #47 (permalink) Tue Jun 07, 2011 17:07 pm   RESPONSES 2

hi, Alan,
How are you.Hope your in a good mood after giving us such a wonderful explanation of "Bite his hand off".Its just like the way when English email course offered a course I immediately Bite its hand off "do you think I used it in right way?.Alan I'm little bit confused weather it is idiom or phrase?. Please let me know thanks.
have a nice day.bye
Amisa77

Location: Pakistan

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #48 (permalink) Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 am   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Hi Torstern,
I like this explaination.It is very clear.It is idiom,isn't it.
So ,I bite your hand off your free English Lessons.
Ngu
Nicelwin

Location: Yangon

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #49 (permalink) Wed Jun 29, 2011 16:40 pm   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

hello Alan!
THis forum is helpful for me. Now I have no questions because i can read others questions and your answers here. Thanks a lot for your english net and also for your time

Assel
Assel2

Location: Kazakhstan, Atyrau

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #50 (permalink) Thu Oct 06, 2011 18:25 pm   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Dear Alan,
Thank you, I'll never forget this expression due to your explanation.

Best Regards
Shahzoda

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #51 (permalink) Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:39 am   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Hai Alen,
I think , It is very good expression, I couldn't heard a such type of expression.
Harila

Location: India, andhrapradesh

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #52 (permalink) Mon Nov 07, 2011 13:24 pm   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Thanks dear alan,

This is the first time i've ever heared of this expression.
and now, I'll never forget it.
Best regards.
Akram.
Abuseifein

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #53 (permalink) Sun Jan 01, 2012 23:52 pm   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

grins yeah it's a funny expression XD
Xxxmoxxx

Location: Portugal

Nabaraj #54 (permalink) Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 am   Nabaraj

Dear Alan,
what really off means?could you please simply tell me where to use it and what does it mean in the phrases?
Nabaraj

Location: United States

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #55 (permalink) Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 am   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

'Bite his hand off' is an expression you would use when you suggest that someone accepts very quickly what is offered. Look at this conversation:

A: I tried to sell my car last week and the salesman offered me 2,000. What do you think I should do?

B: My advice to you is take the money quickly before he changes his mind - bite his hand off!

_________________

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #56 (permalink) Fri Sep 07, 2012 19:51 pm   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Funny expression :) I like it :)
Divna

Question about the test #57 (permalink) Thu Oct 03, 2013 14:32 pm   Question about the test

Is it an idiomatic expression sir?
Olivers

Meaning of "Bite his hand off" #58 (permalink) Thu Oct 03, 2013 16:04 pm   Meaning of "Bite his hand off"

Of course. It should not be taken literally.
_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Understandin textTest incompl/elem-207, User's Answer 10She is the prettiest girl at school.Do Some Authors Include Deep Words with No Context Clues?agriculture and developmentmade up of salt waterWhat does pass for her sister mean?Why can't soldiers desert their posts?What does punch-drunk mean?When do we use "after" and when "until"?quite right vs all rightDifference between 'quite' and 'give up'Is it possible to say "We live by the city centre"