belonging to oneself or itself (mine, yours, his, etc.); self; by oneself
own
administrative
located
nearby

At last and at least

Break or cut? | Upset or upturned
At last and at least #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2004 16:41 pm   At last and at least

Test No. errors/advan-10 "Late at the Office", question 7

As her very last chance to keep her job Mary had to be on time for at last one day.

(a) As
(b) keep
(c) on
(d) at last

my answer was : as her very last chance to keep her job Mary had to be on time for at least one day

the correct answer is : as her very last chance to keep her job Mary had to be at least time for at last one day .

i cant get the sence of the sentence

yasmine

At least #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2004 16:59 pm   At least

Dear Yasmine,

Many thanks for your note. You see, Alan writes all these interesting tests, Slava does all the programming and my job is it to post the tests online. I've made a mistake with the question you are referring to — now the correct answer is «as her very last chance to keep her job Mary had to be at least time for at least one day».
By the way: Could it be that you study at Concordia?

TOEIC listening, question-response: Could I see your driver's license?

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How did you guess that? #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2004 17:14 pm   How did you guess that?

hi torsten

thanks for the reply.

you are right , Im posting from concordia university.
and Im having a test this afternoon
but ,how did you guess that ?

yasmine
yasmine

At last and at least #4 (permalink) Thu Aug 19, 2004 19:03 pm   At last and at least

Hi Yas &To:

Where is this Universtiy .

cheers
emad
Emad

At last and at least #5 (permalink) Fri Aug 20, 2004 16:58 pm   At last and at least

hi emad

the university is in canada.

yasmine
yasmine

Break or cut? | Upset or upturned
Why "have to" not "shall have to"Why "learned" not "learnt"Why bother. I want to write "worry"Apply or concernWhy tiring, not tiresome?The matter of the fact...Why desperation not despairWhy have to be every dog has its day?I don't work out what does idiom meanSame questions?Meaning of rendezvousUnknowing, unawareRefuse and reject