Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to persuade; to influence; to prove
damage
defect
site
convince
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Contact as a transitive verb...

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
became bored up vs. got bored | What is a good Going-over?
listening exercises
Contact as a transitive verb... #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:43 am   Contact as a transitive verb...

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #635 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (9)", question 7

Your proposal is ......... consideration right now. The approval process takes about six weeks. We'll contact with a decision at that time.

(a) on
(b) in
(c) under
(d) out

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #635 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (9)", answer 7

Your proposal is under consideration right now. The approval process takes about six weeks. We'll contact with a decision at that time.

Correct answer: (c) under

Your answer was: correct

Hello,

In the third sentence of this test, "contact" is a transitive verb that needs an object according to Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Thus, something is missing immediately after "contact". Could you please double-check the omission?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a
I'm here quite often ;-)

Contact as a transitive verb... #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 26, 2010 13:24 pm   Contact as a transitive verb...

Right again! I'll go fix that test now. Thanks, Bhikkhu.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
became bored up vs. got bored | What is a good Going-over?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Is she going to the restaurant after work?increased considerablyIs the word thoughts a noun?run throughWhat does 'out of love' mean?What is a crop duster?I may taste really awful?callous vs. thoughtfulunder age"at least 150" or "(much) more than 150"?What does "look into" mean?meaning of break up, break off, break away, break downIdiom: "I'll have a go"