possible; capable of becoming; able to be
plane
introductory
potential
fussy

Difference between a journey, trip, tour

Is the comma correct here? | more mobile society
Difference between a journey, trip, tour #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:26 am   Difference between a journey, trip, tour

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #78 "Synonyms for trip and journey", question 4

If you are planning a holiday in Amsterdam, you'd better go by plane because otherwise it is a three day ......... by bus from Bulgaria to Holland.

(a) journey
(b) go
(c) pass
(d) expedition

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #78 "Synonyms for trip and journey", answer 4

If you are planning a holiday in Amsterdam, you'd better go by plane because otherwise it is a three day journey by bus from Bulgaria to Holland.

Correct answer: (a) journey
_________________________

what is the difference between a journey, trip, tour

Elga
Elga

Journey trip tour #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:49 am   Journey trip tour

Journey describes travelling from one place to another over a considerable distance. That's why in the test sentence we are talking about is a three day journey.

Trip is often travelling to a place and coming back the same day and so it is not usually long. You are staying in a hotel on holiday and the travel company representative will organise trips to places of interest and you will come back to the hotel that day for your evening meal.

Tour describes travelling from one place after another over a period of days/weeks and visiting various towns/cities and in the end coming back to where you started. This is also a word used on the internet sometimes described as a virtual tour when you are shown a series of pictures describing the site you are looking at.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between a journey, trip, tour #3 (permalink) Thu Feb 18, 2010 21:55 pm   Difference between a journey, trip, tour

Thank you!
Margoto

Difference between a journey, trip, tour #4 (permalink) Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 am   Difference between a journey, trip, tour

Thank Alen well done.
Mulegebre

Difference between a journey, trip, tour #5 (permalink) Mon Oct 31, 2011 15:36 pm   Difference between a journey, trip, tour

Hello Mr.Alan,
I like reading your comments. They are accurate and incomparable.

Best Regards,
Ruzihon
Ruzihon

Re: Journey trip tour #6 (permalink) Tue May 01, 2012 15:08 pm   Re: Journey trip tour

Thank you Alan, your explanation between trip & journey really helped me with my grammar assignments :)

regards
Manoj
(Kerala, India)
Manojharisree

Meaning of 'doing our planet some good'?Meaning of 'upon fifteen (15) days prior written notice'???about "to tell about"to mail in our store receipt???which one is the best english?Test incompl/elem-191, Question 4six routes serve???Test incompl/elem-177, Question 7Can you come in tomorrow at 1:00 pm INTEAD OF Can you come on tomorrow at 1:0 pmWhat does 'the pants off of me' mean?Why are goat's babies called 'kids'?"Within seconds" vs "Without seconds"What are synonyms to 'quiet'?