to accommodate; to house; to enter (a plane, ship, bus, etc.)
require
stall
board
fee

Meaning of quick profit

Meaning of calm | Question tags
Meaning of quick profit #1 (permalink) Wed Feb 22, 2006 18:34 pm   Meaning of quick profit

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #121 "Synonyms for profit and benefit", question 1

If you are interested in making a quick ........., you won't make a lot of money in a hurry running a Chinese restaurant in this town.

(a) compensation
(b) payment
(c) favour
(d) profit

Synonym Search, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #121 "Synonyms for profit and benefit", answer 1

If you are interested in making a quick profit, you won't make a lot of money in a hurry running a Chinese restaurant in this town.

Correct answer: (d) profit
_________________________

Meaning of quick profit?

helga
helga

Profit #2 (permalink) Wed Feb 22, 2006 18:52 pm   Profit

Profit is the amount of money you make on top of the cost. If you buy something costing 6000* and then sell it for 7000*, your profit is 1000*.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of quick profit #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:49 am   Meaning of quick profit

"A hurry running a Chinise restaurant" means manage a Chinise restaurant? It doesn`t mean to run somether, does it?

Sincerely yours,
Dina
Dina27

Meaning of quick profit #4 (permalink) Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 am   Meaning of quick profit

Hello Dina.

This is how the sentence parts are grouped:

Make a lot of money in a hurry (by) running a Chinese restaurant = Earn a lot of money quickly (by) operating/owning a Chinese restaurant.
_________________

Meaning of calm | Question tags
bit vs bitesdoes ease up mean reduce pressure i this sentence?If you removed "now and again" then students could select "sometimMeaning of road hogb/c the use to show whole class or family of something.Both of them - solve or discover can be used?Reduction ruleswhy the verb start can be used along with the verb work?What does "ones all the time" mean?meaning of 'Superfluous to'Use the relative pronoun 'who'"I will not imagine" vs. I can't imagineContain vs hold