medical caretaker (especially in a hospital under the supervision of a doctor)
advancement
abbreviation
cast
nurse

Ours has sprung a leak

What does this phrasal verb mean: 'to take over'? Is it an idiom? | fine words butter no parsnips
Ours has sprung a leak #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 01, 2010 14:08 pm   Ours has sprung a leak

"Honey, we need to buy a new hose. Ours has sprung a .........," Chris said to his wife.

(a) leak
(b) crack
(c) break
(d) slick

"Honey, we need to buy a new hose. Ours has sprung a leak," Chris said to his wife.

Correct answer: (a) leak
_________________________

" Honey, we need to buy a new hose. Ours has sprung a leak "

Does it mean it that their hose sprang a leak or a hole where the water leaks out ???
_________________

Ours has sprung a leak #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 01, 2010 19:39 pm   Ours has sprung a leak

Hi Kati,

Their hose sprang a leak. ('Ours' refers to their hose.)
It means that a hole or crack has developed in their hose, and the water is leaking out through that hole.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Get lost!early retirementbring out in peoplethe world is slowly becoming hotterDo come inthe succeeding yearsbring up the elephant in the room?Sam and Jennifer's parents?to swim vs. swimminguse of 'that'Certain lanes are often designated for customers?He used to drink?As soon as he gets back