Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

medical caretaker (especially in a hospital under the supervision of a doctor)
advancement
abbreviation
cast
nurse
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Ours has sprung a leak

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does this phrasal verb mean: 'to take over'? Is it an idiom? | fine words butter no parsnips
listening exercises
Ours has sprung a leak #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 01, 2010 14:08 pm   Ours has sprung a leak

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #663 "English Slang Idioms (405)", question 9

"Honey, we need to buy a new hose. Ours has sprung a .........," Chris said to his wife.

(a) leak
(b) crack
(c) break
(d) slick

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #663 "English Slang Idioms (405)", answer 9

"Honey, we need to buy a new hose. Ours has sprung a leak," Chris said to his wife.

Correct answer: (a) leak

" Honey, we need to buy a new hose. Ours has sprung a leak "

Does it mean it that their hose sprang a leak or a hole where the water leaks out ???

Ours has sprung a leak #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 01, 2010 19:39 pm   Ours has sprung a leak

Hi Kati,

Their hose sprang a leak. ('Ours' refers to their hose.)
It means that a hole or crack has developed in their hose, and the water is leaking out through that hole.
Language Coach

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does this phrasal verb mean: 'to take over'? Is it an idiom? | fine words butter no parsnips
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Get lost!early retirementbring out in peoplethe world is slowly becoming hotterDo come inthe succeeding yearsbring up the elephant in the room?Sam and Jennifer's parents?to swim vs. swimminguse of 'that'Certain lanes are often designated for customers?He used to drink?As soon as he gets back