to be involved; to join in
choose
recruit
participate
engage

the world is slowly becoming hotter

bring out in people | Do come in
the world is slowly becoming hotter #1 (permalink) Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:50 am   the world is slowly becoming hotter

ESL/EFL Test #655 "Real Life: Environmental Terms (1)", question 7

Global ......... is the slow but steady increase in the earth's atmospheric temperatures. Many scientists believe that the world in slowly becoming hotter because of all of the pollution that we emit into the surrounding atmosphere every day.

(a) supply
(b) nourishment
(c) warming

ESL/EFL Test #655 "Real Life: Environmental Terms (1)", answer 7

Global warming is the slow but steady increase in the earth's atmospheric temperatures. Many scientists believe that the world in slowly becoming hotter because of all of the pollution that we emit into the surrounding atmosphere every day.

Correct answer: (c) warming
_________________________

There is a mistake in the second sentence of this test. I think it is a typographical mistake. The "in" immediately after "the world" should read "is" instead. Could you please amend it?

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.
Bhikkhu1991a

the world is slowly becoming hotter #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 02, 2010 14:43 pm   the world is slowly becoming hotter

Done, and thanks, Bhikkhu.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
bring out in people | Do come in
what does "rock and roll" mean?got her feathers in a bunchTurn on vs Switch onGet lost!early retirementfine words butter no parsnipsthe succeeding yearsOurs has sprung a leakbring up the elephant in the room?Sam and Jennifer's parents?What's the meaning of co?Expression: You are quick to act, to seize an opportunityConversation: The boss and his coworker