person who falls prey (to an attack, deception, etc.)
victim
danger
cure
keep

'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Is there such an expression? | Watercolor pen?
'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility" #31 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2014 13:19 pm   'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

Anglophile wrote:
<Excuses snipped for brevity>

Thank you, Townend.

(PS: I have deliberately used Townend, Alan.)

This is all rather pathetic. My last word.
_________________

'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility" #32 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2014 15:13 pm   'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

You are obviously not very familiar with modern practice in schools and universities across the country if you think this.
_________
________

OK so enlighten me - how does a tutor address undergraduates in a tutorial at Oxford these days?
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility" #33 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2014 16:58 pm   'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

<Excuses snipped for brevity>

Yes, you have discerned the allusion. It has hit the target!

This is all rather pathetic.

This is all extremely conspicuously deplorable priggishness.

My last word.

I wish it were!
_________________
Anglophile
I know only one thing - that is that I know nothing.
Anglophile

'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility" #34 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2014 21:06 pm   'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

_________
________

I couldn't tell you about Oxford, but then again, I mentioned that as being one of the institutions with a 'highly considered reputation', so it's a moot point anyway. I was responding to this:

I would have thought it was common practice in all schools but then I go back almost to the days of 'slates'. Likewise at universities I would have thought that formality prevailed and the students would be addressed as Ms/Mrs/Mr.

I would say Universities refer to students by first names when speaking to them. Some lecturers ask students to refer to them by their first names too.
_________________

'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility" #35 (permalink) Mon Nov 24, 2014 21:12 pm   'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

I think you're squirming again! You brought up the subject and specially mentioned Oxford. And I see you've changed from surname to first name. Confusing.
_________________

'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility" #36 (permalink) Tue Nov 25, 2014 0:09 am   'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"

No squirming and no confusion if you read the messages carefully.
_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Do / Did you have to.................today?The use of groundsUrgent need.It's about nounsTip into recessionHe's looking for two pucks, what's he looking for exactly?I can lend you some money until the end of the monthantiphonal singing or duet?How to email college admissions officea little vs. a bitIt's very hot: It's scorchingodvious vs obviousWhat is the difference between "end" and "end up"?'which of the names' vs. 'what of the names'