Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to take on loan; to copy; to steal
preserve
tenant
tax
borrow
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I don't have a ghost of a chance...

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Lead a dog's life | a bad hair day
listening exercises
I don't have a ghost of a chance... #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 22, 2010 15:55 pm   I don't have a ghost of a chance...

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #358 "English Slang Idioms (79)", question 2

"I don't have a ......... of a chance of getting the part in the upcoming school play. There are candidates trying out for the part who have way more experience and talent than I do," Marcie told Lindsay.

(a) mark
(b) ghost
(c) fat
(d) crow

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #358 "English Slang Idioms (79)", answer 2

"I don't have a fat of a chance of getting the part in the upcoming school play. There are candidates trying out for the part who have way more experience and talent than I do," Marcie told Lindsay.

Correct answer: (c) fat

Your answer was: incorrect
"I don't have a ghost of a chance of getting the part in the upcoming school play. There are candidates trying out for the part who have way more experience and talent than I do," Marcie told Lindsay.

Your data is incorrect the phrase is" ghost of a chance", fat doesn't even make sense in that context.

English speaker
Ghoster

I don't have a ghost of a chance... #2 (permalink) Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:55 am   I don't have a ghost of a chance...

You're absolutely right. I cannot fix it because I cannot find it; the test # here does not match the test # in the editing tool. Perhaps the original writer will be able to find it.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
I don't have a ghost of a chance... #3 (permalink) Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am   I don't have a ghost of a chance...

I think it's 'intermediate #221' in the editing tool - unfortunately as you discovered, the tool is currently not working.
Language Coach

I don't have a ghost of a chance... #4 (permalink) Tue Nov 23, 2010 13:25 pm   I don't have a ghost of a chance...

Yes, I subsequently discovered that-- no matter which test I choose to edit, I get the same test again (one I edited last week, I think).
And email notice is not working either-- I just stumbled on your post here.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Lead a dog's life | a bad hair day
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
I like them both.I'm ready for a lift.Relative clausedidn't want to have to do vs. didn't want to doin the hold up downtown?When a lift truck tips over, it leaks fuel.his back was up against the wall.the salt mines.disgruntled customersVerb Tense Practice(1)a veritable couch potato.difference between "fresh-shaven" and "clean-shavenWhat is an electronic appliance?