main; major; chief; principal
capital
easy
loyal
weak

Do or commit a crime?

back seat driver | He admires his boss?
Do or commit a crime? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:26 am   Do or commit a crime?

ESL/EFL Test #681 "Real Life: Crime Verbs (2)", question 1

The parole board ......... the prisoner last week. The prisoner is able to leave the prison but has to abide by certain conditions set out in the parole agreement or he will end up in jail again.

(a) turned
(b) released
(c) forgot
(d) convicted

ESL/EFL Test #681 "Real Life: Crime Verbs (2)", answer 1

The parole board released the prisoner last week. The prisoner is able to leave the prison but has to abide by certain conditions set out in the parole agreement or he will end up in jail again.

Correct answer: (b) released
_________________________

Can we use the verb do before crime?

Mr Gamal
Crimy

Do or commit a crime? #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:39 am   Do or commit a crime?

It is possible to 'do a/the crime', but not usually to 'do crime'.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
back seat driver | He admires his boss?
brush my teeth.The Sistine Chapel in Italy?kind of busyThe platypus has a bill like a duck does on its face?ringed vs. ranghis own flesh and bloodan identifying symbolweed vs. tossdirt poor.What is the idiom for 'good cook'?What does sabotage mean?How many nouns here? 'A picture paints a thousand words.'What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?