could be; might be; may be
possible
intermittent
committed
kind

have you given thought?

Meaning of shrink to think | Unable to solve?
have you given thought? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 29, 2010 19:43 pm   have you given thought?

"Your plan sounds good, but have you given thought on how to implement it? There is many a ......... twixt cup and lip, you know," the boss told the head of the department

(a) slip
(b) achievement
(c) fake
(d) fumble

"Your plan sounds good, but have you given thought on how to implement it? There is many a slip twixt cup and lip, you know," the boss told the head of the department

Correct answer: (a) slip

"Your plan sounds good, but have you given thought on how to implement it? There is many a fake twixt cup and lip, you know," the boss told the head of the department
_________________________

Is there something missing between given and thought?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

have you given thought? #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 29, 2010 19:54 pm   have you given thought?

No, to give thought means to take something into consideration. 'Thought' is a noun here.

TOEIC listening, talks: Evening traffic update on local radio station

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
He encourages his daughter to studyWhy were MyBlogLog, Flickr, del.icio.us ankle-biter aquistions?What are drill-bit stocks?they are not fast growth potential vs. they have not fast growth potentialIsn't gestation period a medical term?we have finally got the problem resolvedWhat does endeavor mean?We are getting a break?... we want our house to look like...while I have you on the phone.love to deathaudit questions and answerslook after/take care