to create or adapt for a particular need or desire
capitalize
coin
absorb
tailor

What are drill-bit stocks?

we have finally got the problem resolved | Why were MyBlogLog, Flickr, del.icio.us ankle-biter aquistions?
What are drill-bit stocks? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:47 am   What are drill-bit stocks?

ESL/EFL Test #326 "Business Buzzwords: The 'Book'", question 4

The stock market has done a remarkable swoon, reducing some sectors to '......... bit' stocks (you know... 3/8, 1/2, 3/4) and it would appear (if you read, watch or listen to much of the media reports) that we are in for even more troubling times.

(a) drill
(b) inch
(c) little
(d) part

ESL/EFL Test #326 "Business Buzzwords: The 'Book'", answer 4

The stock market has done a remarkable swoon, reducing some sectors to 'drill bit' stocks (you know... 3/8, 1/2, 3/4) and it would appear (if you read, watch or listen to much of the media reports) that we are in for even more troubling times.

Correct answer: (a) drill

The stock market has done a remarkable swoon, reducing some sectors to 'inch bit' stocks (you know... 3/8, 1/2, 3/4) and it would appear (if you read, watch or listen to much of the media reports) that we are in for even more troubling times.
_________________________

Why are drill bit stocks called that way? I know I could google the answer but I think you might explain it to me too?
WhiteRussian

What are drill-bit stocks? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am   What are drill-bit stocks?

Why not try googling it first? We like students that are self-starters.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'as good as it gets' mean?in my neck of the woodsgo through securityask for your ticket and then give you a boarding passIf you build your enterprise on sandThere were all manner of thingsmove the goalpostsHe encourages his daughter to studythey are not fast growth potential vs. they have not fast growth potentialIsn't gestation period a medical term?What does endeavor mean?have you given thought?Unable to solve?