Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

defective; imperfect; cracked
flawed
perishable
straight
ambitious
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

There were all manner of things

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
If you build your enterprise on sand | ask for your ticket and then give you a boarding pass
listening exercises
There were all manner of things #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 20:59 pm   There were all manner of things

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #420 "English Slang Idioms (160)", question 7

He liked going to the local thrift shop. There was all ......... of things to look at and all were unique, it seemed.

(a) lists
(b) crannies
(c) holes
(d) manners

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #420 "English Slang Idioms (160)", answer 7

He liked going to the local thrift shop. There was all manners of things to look at and all were unique, it seemed.

Correct answer: (d) manners

Your answer was: incorrect
He liked going to the local thrift shop. There was all crannies of things to look at and all were unique, it seemed.

Hi! Is there any difference between "all manners of things" and "all kinds of things"? With kind regards,Oinas.
Oinas
You can meet me at english-test.net

There were all manner of things #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 22:59 pm   There were all manner of things

No Oinas, those are interchangeable.
Language Coach

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
There were all manner of things #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 0:41 am   There were all manner of things

However, 'manners' is incorrectly plural. I have fixed it on the test, and the revision will appear in our next database update.

Manner (used with a singular or plural verb) kind; sort: 'What manner of man is he?' 'All manner of things were happening.'

If you build your enterprise on sand | ask for your ticket and then give you a boarding pass
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I really need to buy somehe turned out to be a fraud.somber security guardsWhat does 'as good as it gets' mean?in my neck of the woodsgo through securitymove the goalpostsHe encourages his daughter to studyWhy were MyBlogLog, Flickr, del.icio.us ankle-biter aquistions?What are drill-bit stocks?they are not fast growth potential vs. they have not fast growth potentialIsn't gestation period a medical term?we have finally got the problem resolved