defective; imperfect; cracked
flawed
perishable
straight
ambitious

There were all manner of things

If you build your enterprise on sand | ask for your ticket and then give you a boarding pass
There were all manner of things #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 20:59 pm   There were all manner of things

He liked going to the local thrift shop. There was all ......... of things to look at and all were unique, it seemed.

(a) lists
(b) crannies
(c) holes
(d) manners

He liked going to the local thrift shop. There was all manners of things to look at and all were unique, it seemed.

Correct answer: (d) manners

He liked going to the local thrift shop. There was all crannies of things to look at and all were unique, it seemed.
_________________________

Hi! Is there any difference between "all manners of things" and "all kinds of things"? With kind regards,Oinas.
Oinas

Location: Finland

There were all manner of things #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 22:59 pm   There were all manner of things

No Oinas, those are interchangeable.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
There were all manner of things #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 0:41 am   There were all manner of things

However, 'manners' is incorrectly plural. I have fixed it on the test, and the revision will appear in our next database update.

Manner (used with a singular or plural verb) kind; sort: 'What manner of man is he?' 'All manner of things were happening.'
_________________

I really need to buy somehe turned out to be a fraud.somber security guardsWhat does 'as good as it gets' mean?in my neck of the woodsgo through securitymove the goalpostsHe encourages his daughter to studyWhy were MyBlogLog, Flickr, del.icio.us ankle-biter aquistions?What are drill-bit stocks?they are not fast growth potential vs. they have not fast growth potentialIsn't gestation period a medical term?we have finally got the problem resolved