having begun a journey (especially of a sea vessel); initiated; in progress; under construction
elect
dotted
effusive
underway

in my neck of the woods

stomach vs eye | What does 'as good as it gets' mean?
in my neck of the woods #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 am   in my neck of the woods

"I would like to tell you where a good swimming hole is but, unfortunately, there are none that I know of in my ......... of the woods. I am fairly new here so you might want to ask someone else who knows the area better," Tom said.

(a) strip
(b) square
(c) knot
(d) neck

"I would like to tell you where a good swimming hole is but, unfortunately, there are none that I know of in my neck of the woods. I am fairly new here so you might want to ask someone else who knows the area better," Tom said.

Correct answer: (d) neck

"I would like to tell you where a good swimming hole is but, unfortunately, there are none that I know of in my square of the woods. I am fairly new here so you might want to ask someone else who knows the area better," Tom said.
_________________________

Does in one's neck of the woods mean in one's neighbourhod, surroundings?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

in my neck of the woods #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:38 am   in my neck of the woods

Yes, that's right.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'this is' mean here?When we use an article "an" ?He is adorable.I really need to buy somehe turned out to be a fraud.somber security guardsgo through securityask for your ticket and then give you a boarding passIf you build your enterprise on sandThere were all manner of thingsmove the goalpostsHe encourages his daughter to studyWhy were MyBlogLog, Flickr, del.icio.us ankle-biter aquistions?