school director; school master; capital sum (Finance)
domestic
mall
apparel
principal

What does 'as good as it gets' mean?

in my neck of the woods | somber security guards
What does 'as good as it gets' mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm   What does 'as good as it gets' mean?

"I went to Hawaii for a vacation and Hawaii is as ......... as it gets. Sun, beaches, warm weather, beautiful plants and warm water. What more could one ask for?" Linda said to Sean.

(a) good
(b) desirable
(c) warm
(d) sunny

"I went to Hawaii for a vacation and Hawaii is as good as it gets. Sun, beaches, warm weather, beautiful plants and warm water. What more could one ask for?" Linda said to Sean.

Correct answer: (a) good

_________________________

Hi! Would you please explain what is the exact meaning of "as good as it gets"? Thank you in advance. By the way I think this is great web site to learn english!
Oinas

Location: Finland

What does 'as good as it gets' mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 19:19 pm   What does 'as good as it gets' mean?

It simply means that nothing could surpass it. As a holiday destination 'Linda' feels that Hawaii is the best possible place to go.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'this is' mean here?article "a" or "the"When we use an article "an" ?He is adorable.I really need to buy somehe turned out to be a fraud.go through securityask for your ticket and then give you a boarding passIf you build your enterprise on sandThere were all manner of thingsmove the goalpostsHe encourages his daughter to studyWhy were MyBlogLog, Flickr, del.icio.us ankle-biter aquistions?